This is a great meal to prepare when you want something quick and healthy – it’s great in summertime too.
- Large bowl of mixed salad
- 1 tomato
- 6 olives
- 3 baby beetroot cut in half
- 2 boiled egg whites
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of diced low fat cheese
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 tblspn low fat, low carb salad dressing
- 1 grilled diced chicken breast / 185g can of tuna in springwater
If having chicken, allow approx. 20 minutes to give time for the chicken to cook thoroughly and cool slightly before eating.
This is such a great meal to prepare and eat – you can add as much salad mix as you like and additional tomatoes, etc as required. It has so much goodness in it and your body will work overtime burning calories digesting all that green leafy salad mix.
Tip: If you can’t find a low calorie salad dressing you like, experiment with different herbs and citrus juices such as lemons and limes.